TP-link is globally renowned for its world-class networking products that are packed with futuristic features to give you unmatched performance. Products including routers, extenders, repeaters and a few more are trusted by millions of people all across the world. Amongst all these products, TP-link extender plays a vital role in amplifying wifi signals to the place where it can’t penetrate. It is a better option, in terms of price and performance. Though people face troubles during TP-Link Extender Setup and they seek help to set up it using an easy set up guide.
Here, we have solved your issue by providing you a set up procedure, helping you with issues you may face while setting your device up. All you need is to follow the guide and apply the steps for a quick setup.
How does TP link Extender work?
Extenders are small hardware devices that connect to your router to give your network a wide range. It means you can access your home router wifi from the corner of your room. Just plug it into a wall socket and proceed for TP-Link Setup.
Let’s get started following below-mentioned points
Before getting started, there are a few things which you need to keep in mind.
- Identify the router IP address.
- Default password to access the network
- The wifi SSID.
- Type of encryption it uses.
Follow the steps to perform TP-Link Wifi Extender Setup Process
Connect your extender with the router using an Ethernet cable; it will help you with programming wireless settings in it.
- Plug the extender into a wall socket near your router.
- Now, connect it to your computer/laptop.
- Open a web browser in your computer and enter the default IP address (http://tplinkrepeater.net). If that doesn’t work, then try http://192.168.0.254.
- The TP-link wifi extender setup web page will appear on your screen.
- Move your cursor and choose ‘Quick Setup, then ‘Next’ option.
- Now choose your region to proceed for further.
- Your TP-Link extender will start scanning for wireless networks which may take up to a few minutes.
- Select your wireless network and connect it by entering the password.
- Now, choose ‘Copy from main router’ for a single larger wireless network else you can choose ‘Customize for creating different networks.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Lastly, check the network settings and select ‘Finish’ for a successful Setup.
Once you follow the above-mentioned steps, your extender will reboot and LED’s on it will signify if it is connected or not.
Configure it with WPS Button
Found on the back of the router, the WPS button is used to set everything up. You can use this button to configure the network automatically. Most often this button is found on the back of a router. Follow the steps for further.
- Plug your extender close to your router.
- Press the WPS button of your and wait a few seconds, the LED will blink.
- Do the same with your extender and its LED should blink.
Through this method, you don’t have to manually configure its setting as it is a sign of telling your router to connect with a device that also has the same WiFi Protected Setup enabled.
Issues you may face while setting up your TP-Link Extender
There are certain issues which may occur while following this procedure. These issues can be fixed with the help of experts. Find some of those common issues below:-
- Unable to login to your TP link range extender.
- Connections problem while setting up.
- Unable to configure through WPS button
- When quick setup wizard does not appear
If you are facing any technical or non-technical issue, then get in touch with the Router Support team which is 24/7 available to help its customers. Experts are always ready to help you with their convenient services. They have years of experience and well versed in handling technical issues with ease. So, if you are one of those who is facing trouble, contact the team now.