Are you into an online business? Do you input your personal data while surfing browsers online? If yes, then you must consider getting a VPN service. VPN (Virtual Private Network ) is a secured network which encrypts your data before your ISP (internet service provider) or other eavesdropper sees it. In short, a VPN software works as a shield which protects all your crucial data from hackers who have the ability to decrypt your crucial details like account details, address, business emails etc. Overall, it hides all your online actions and keep your data safe and secure.
Steps to Setup and Enable VPN on a Netgear Router
Instead of using a VPN in every device, one can install it directly to the router. It is one of the best way to protect the whole internet connection. No matter how many devices are connected with the router, it keeps everything secure. Choosing a perfect VPN can be a tough choice, especially when you want to use it for a Netgear router. Choose a highly rated VPN and follow the below listed steps to set up on your Netgear router. In case, if you require an expert’s help, then call on the Customer Service Number and get in touch with the experts.
Note:– After setting up a VPN, you must install Open VPN software on each device you want to use it for. Moreover, you need to enable DNS before using a VPN service.
- Open any preferred browser from a connected device.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net or you may go to Netgear Router Login page.
- A login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the username and password. The username is admin and the default password is password.
- Now, the home screen will display on your device.
- Choose the ADVANCED option then VPN service> Advanced Setup > VPN Service.
- Now, VPN Service page will appear on your screen.
- Choose the “Enable VPN Service” checkbox and tap on the “Apply” button.
- Mention any VPN service settings on the page.
- Then, click on the “Windows button and download the OpenVPN configuration files.
- After all this, open a new tab and visit, http://openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-downloads.html to download the OpenVPN client utility.
- Now, make double-click on the OpenVPN-install-xxx.exe link.
- Download and install the Open VPN on your system by clicking on the OpenVPN-install-xxx.exe file.
- Now, follow all the appeared on-screen instructions and proceed for next.
This is how you can easily install it on your system. With the help of Netgear router VPN passthrough, you can easily protect your data from hackers.