Do you own a router whether it is wired or wireless router? Well, you must be looking to set it up and install it. Here, we have come up with a complete guide where will help you to install and configure the router at your place. We have briefly explained each and every part of Netgear Router Setup and installation.
Step By Step Guide to Netgear Router Setup:
- To set up your router, you first need to connect your modem to the internet port router.
- Now, connect your computer to any of the four LAN ports.
- Make each and every switch power off.
- Now, turn every switch on and wait for a moment.
- Now, turn on your computer and start any browser.
- Type the IP address in the search box.
- It could be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar or you can go to Netgear Router Login webpage .
- Then press ‘Enter’ in it.
- The login screen will be prompted.
- Type the default username which is ‘Admin’ and the default password is ‘Password’.
- You can change the password as well.
- In case, if you can’t log in to the router page then give a try to factory reset as it will then set everything at the default program.
- Click on the Setup Wizard.
- A setup wizard screen will appear on your screen.
- Choose ‘Yes’ and click on ‘Next’ button.
- Once you click on the next button, the setup wizard will automatically detect the type of internet connection. If you want to set a cable internet connection.
- Then Setup Wizard will set Dynamic IP.& Click on ‘Next’.
Important Point: – Make sure that you are not changing the default setting until your internet service provider gave you specific DNS information. The same procedure applies for the Netgear Router Setup & setting up wireless internet connection as well.
These are the steps and solution of Setup a netgear wireless router. Just by following the aforementioned steps, you will be able to set up and configure your router. If you have a Netgear router and you are interested in to get router technical services, then you must try out the Netgear Customer Service which is dedicated working towards making your work easier.