Last updated on February 12th, 2019 at 11:23 am
Netgear Genie Smart Wizard Setup & Help
We are living in a world of technology where the internet has become an inevitable part of our life. Imagining a single day without internet is so tough. Thus, the internet has become a necessity and to cater the needs of tech-savvy people, Netgear introduced hi-tech devices which consist of wireless or wired devices for broadband as well as for the network connectivity. Talking about its product range, it offers routers, modems, extenders, security cameras, and new Netgear Genie (Mobile Application Basically). For more information about Netgear product range, connect with the Netgear team. In this post, we provide information about Netgear Genie Login & Setup.
More about Netgear Genie App?
Netgear Genie is a reliable desktop application which is specially made to configure and manage Netgear routers. Users can use it as a simple dashboard which let them monitor, control and repair home networks. It is available on the Netgear website and you can download Netgear Genie form there, and both the versions are available on PC and Mac book.
The app offers dashboards which help users in monitoring and fixing issues related to Netgear routers. Just by connecting it your device, you will be able to use it and fix issues by yourself. Have a look at the points of steps you can perform with it. For complete information and support, you can connect with the support team of Netgear.
With Netgear Genie Smart Wizard Application, you can
- Perform a network speed test.
- Set up Netgear Genie Parental Controls and block adults site from their children’s network.
- Set up a guest network for friends or family
- Change the SSID (name) or password of your wireless network.
- Check a graphical map of all your network connected devices.
Smart Features of Netgear Genie App
Speed Test: – When it comes to checking internet speed, you probably found a few of websites which shows you manipulated results. With the Netgear Genie app, you can get accurate information about the speed of your internet.
Guest Network:- With these features, any of your nearby guest can access the internet. However, they won’t get any permission to use the content of other computers. Hence, it is completely secure.
Network Map:- By making use of these features, you can see the devices connected to your network. Moreover, you can see green light which stands for good connection while red is for bad.
Parental Control:- You can avail the smart features of parental control. To make it happen, click on parental control then click the Manage button, then follow the given on-screen procedure.
Wireless Setting:- Make a wireless setting and get rid of connecting every device through LAN wire. Just open the network setting, enter the password and enjoy high-speed internet. You can change the wireless setting by clicking on ‘Modify’ button. Make changes as per your requirement and click on ‘Apply’ button.
Tools:- With Netgear Genie application, you can access a number of tools which help you make your experience more better. Tools including Ping, Trace Route, DNS Lookup, Computer Profile are available there.
Make use of all these features and experience a better and faster internet speed.
What are the Advantages of Using Netgear Genie App?
There is a number of the advantage of using Netgear Genie. As its name suggests, it works like a real genie and fixes common issues by itself.
- Remotely handling and managing the network.
- Monitor the traffic generated through advance WiFi Analytics feature.
- Getting complete access without the physical presence
- Easy debugging through any device connected to the network.
- One can stream videos or get printouts anytime, anywhere.
How to Resolve Netgear Genie Login issues?
While logging into your router account, you may face several issues like incorrect password, unable to log in or else. These issues can be resolved using a few simple instructions. Have a look at these troubleshooting steps and fix Netgear Genie Login issue in minutes only.
- Try to fix it by connecting a computer and a router directly with an Ethernet cable. Check if both ends are secure or not.
- Check the Internet LED.
- Try to power off the router and then turn it on again.
- Check that the LED on the Ethernet adapter is lit. If it is not, then troubleshoot the adapter
- Check the adapter if it is manufactured by Netgear or not.
- Try to check the IP address and DHCP.
Perform all these steps and resolve Netgear Genie login issue in desktop, if it still occurs then get in touch with support service and avail high-quality service.
How to remotely access Netgear Genie?
- Make a double click on Netgear Genie Desktop application and open it on your computer.
- Now, tap on Router Settings then choose ‘Remote Access’ for Login.
- After all, this clicks on sign up and create your Remote genie account.
- Enter all the required details and click on ‘Create’ button.
- Now, open your email, follow the link and confirm your account.
- Once you confirm it, log to it.
- In order to register the device, click on the ‘OK’ button or else you can click on ‘Register’ button.
- Now, open your app and click on ‘Router Settings’ configure it.
With the updated Genie application, you get a feature called SSO (single sign-on) which lets you use the same admin & password to log in all the Netgear account. It means that you no longer need to remember every password as the same login credential can be used everywhere.
Note: – It is only available with the updated Genie app.
Netgear Genie Connectivity with Extender & Nighthawk
Follow the given steps and know how to connect Netgear Genie with your wifi extender and that too when the router SSID is hidden.
- Plug in the range extender to any nearby power outlet.
- Now, use a laptop and connect it to the default SSID of the Extender.
Note: – In case, if the Netgear Genie desktop application doesn’t appear on the screen then/ open it using www.mywifiext.net
- Now, open a browser and create an account to manage your router.
- Once you login to it, elect “WIFI RANGE EXTENDER” to enter setup.
- Now, move your cursor to ‘Manually input my wireless SSID’ and click on the ‘next’ button.
- After all this, you will be prompted to a new screen where you will be asked to enter the SSID and password.
- Make necessary changes and proceed for final setup process by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Follow the given on-screen instructions and click ‘continue’ to finish the setup.
How to troubleshoot Netgear Genie issue?
Are you facing any issue with the Netgear Genie app? Do you want quick help? Well,
you must get in touch with Netgear officials who are 24/7 available to help you all. In order to contact them, just make a call to their support number and get assistance from experts.
How to Update Netgear Genie Firmware?
Follow these given steps to update your Netgear Genie firmware.
- Open a web browser in such a computer which is connected to the network.
Note: It is highly recommended to use an Ethernet cable to the computer.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address search bar.
- The login page will appear on your screen.
Note: The default username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’. You have to type it over there.
- Click on the ADVANCED > Administration.
- After all, this, select Firmware Update.
- Proceed for further given instructions and upgrade its firmware.
Netgear Genie Setup in Mac and iPhones
If you want to setup Netgear Genie in Mac and iPhones, then the below-given content will help you. Follow the steps and apply the same for a successful setup.
- Open the Apple Store and search for NETGEAR genie.
- Now, tap the Free App button.
- Now login and the downloading procedure will begin.
- Once it gets installed, its icon will appear to the home screen.
- Tap the genie app icon and open the app on your mobile phone.
- Visit NETGEAR genie web page at NETGEAR.com/genie.
- Click the appropriate ‘Download’ button.
- Now, let it install on your system.
- Once it gets installed, click the icon on your desktop or in the Windows taskbar.
This is how you can install it on your system.
The NETGEAR Genie Smart Wizard does not work
- When your mobile device is connected to other guest network or you are on different network
- When your router is in access point mode.
- Genie does not support IPv6 mode
The Netgear Genie only works with Netgear Router & does not work with a wireless extender or repeater.
For Netgear Router Login Steps & Instruction: Click here