Last updated on February 11th, 2019 at 12:29 pm
Netgear is a global leader in providing various networking devices which are designed taking into account the needs of users. Netgear WiFi extender or in general WiFi booster is one of the device models which boosts the Wi-Fi range. This enables the user to access internet connectivity from a larger distance from the main device. The article covers How to setup Netgear Wifi Range Extender with ease and simple troubleshooting steps to solve the problems that may occur in the device without the need for expert guidance.
Possible Reasons which may lead to Netgear WiFi Extender not working issue:
Below mentioned are some of the possible reasons which may lead to the failure of functioning of the router. In general, these issues occur due to mistakes in configuration during the Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup process. These issues are temporary and can be resolved following simple troubleshooting steps. The major reasons are the following:-
- Wireless router not properly configured. Netgear extender installation might get failed if not configured properly.
- Improper reset of the device. This may lead to malfunctioning of the router.
- Continuous blinking of Netgear router. This indicates that the device is not stable and this issue is required to be checked before proceeding it to use.
Simple Steps to Setup Netgear Wifi Extender device
The below-mentioned article shows the steps which the user is supposed to follow for setting up the device for internet connectivity.
- Plug your range extender to power and make sure that it is not too far from your main modem. It may be possible that it may not get configured properly or may not detect if placed too far.
- Plug Netgear range extender to the main modem.
- Open any browser in your device & Search for Mywifiext.net or www.mywifiext.net.
- Proceed for Netgear Extender Login in the menu options and thereafter follow the onscreen instructions to set up your extender device. You will be prompted with a username and password.
Default Netgear Extender login credentials are:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
- You will be able to login to the panel after filling the above credentials.
- Go to Setup and choose Wireless Settings.
- Check the value in the Password (Network Key) field under Security Options.
- If the password is not same as your router password, change it so that it matches with router password(SSO).
- Click on Apply Button.
- Reconnect your Wi-Fi devices to the NETGEAR WiFi Extender.
So it is evident that the process is very simple. All that is required is to do Netgear Range Extender login and follow the above-mentioned steps to have access to high-speed internet connectivity
An alternate way to Setup Netgear Wifi Extender (Without an Ethernet Port)
There is an alternate way to configure the Netgear extender device which can be done without Ethernet port. Below mentioned are the steps for performing the setup process
- The first step in the process is to Reset Netgear Extender setting. For this, press and hold the factory setting button for a few seconds. (Button is located on the side panel).
- Now, turn on your laptop and go to the network setting. Connect to your wifi from the list of networks highlighting there.
- Open any browser and type “https;//mywifiext.net” in the address bar.
- A login panel will appear on your screen. Here you will be asked to enter your login details like username and password.
- Fill and type the box “admin” as a username and “password” for the password.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the configuration process.
The device is ready to use and the user can now reconnect all the WiFi devices to the range extender.
Resetting Netgear Extender Device
There might arise a situation where you need to reset the device and to reconfigure it. Below mentioned steps shows how to Reset Netgear Wifi Extender device with ease
- Plug the extender to the nearest power circuit and remove all the inserted wire.
- Make use of a tiny pen, press the reset key at the back and hold it for 20 seconds.
- After 20 seconds, let the reset key go and restart your extender.
As evident above the process of Netgear Extender Reset is very easy and requires less than a minute. Just hard boot the device with a pen and the process is done.
The above article as evident gives a brief overview about Netgear Wifi Ranger extender. Most of the time issues that may occur get resolved following these simple troubleshooting steps. If you are unable to get the issue resolved or have any query with regards to the device. You can contact experts on our toll-free number +1-888-399-0817 any time to get the best answer to your problems. A dedicated team is available 24*7 to help you.